Friday, September 7, 2012

Weekend Bike Trip


       One of the things I love about living in NYC is the sheer volume of things to do.  There is no legitimate excuse if you are bored in NYC.  That being said, one of the things I also love 
about NYC is the ability to get out of it fairly easily.  It might be my New Hampshire roots, 
but once the weather gets even a little chillier and summer weekend excursions are all gone by, my desire to be outside goes through the roof.  I want to go apple picking, pumpkin picking, forest walking, foliage viewing, etc.  

       Tomorrow, Kyle and I are trying something new, and taking advantage of one of MetroNorth’s One-Day (Outbound) Getaways.  We’ll be trying the Westchester Trails BikeRental.  This deal includes a round-trip train ticket and an all day bike rental which allows you to “enjoy a ride down the Croton Aqueduct. This remarkable car-free bike path has beautiful views of the Hudson River and historical points of interest and is an ideal day trip for those not up for a strenuous upland tour.”  Not up for a strenuous upland tour? Ha! We’d be up for it, but maybe we’ll start with this…  

The trail is described as being mostly flat, packed dirt, very scenic and 60 miles in length.  I’m thinking we won’t do the full 60, actually I’m certain we won’t.  Maybe 20?
 

Looks beautiful! Photo Credit

       I’ll let you know how this is, we’re excited!  I am planning a no frills, no effort lunch.  I’m thinking some grainy rolls, hard cheese, some fruit and veggies, maybe chorizo and iced tea.  Yummy yum!
 

       Have a nice weekend, please let me know if you’ve done any of the MetroNorth excursions or have any other fun fall day trips you recommend from NYC!


No comments:

Post a Comment