Tuesday, September 13, 2011

And, suddenly it’s fall! Today and tomorrow are the last warm days, apparently. Ah well, I certainly can’t say we were cheated out of summer this year. It was HOT in this city. The fact that we went away every single weekend in July and August helped. Even I, summer addict that I am, have had enough.

In thrilling news! I enrolled in a cooking class! The Essentials of Fine Cooking Course at the French Culinary Institute starting on September 26th. I can’t stress enough how excited I am for this. In addition to 25 (25!) new recipes, they go over knife skills, marinades, stocks and sauces, compound butters, sautéing and a lot more. AH!

PLUS I get to wear a uniform (for which I sent in my measurements but haven’t seen yet) and get a tool kit (also haven’t seen but assume it has a few knives.. and not, like, a screwdriver and hammer?). Do stay tuned, photos are allowed only if you get permission from the Chef. I’ll try, but frankly I assume I will be so sucked in and active that I won’t have time to snap photos.

happy eating!

1 comment: